Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Finally making a post...

Hello friends... so I have wanted to start a blog for the longest time but never knew what I would talk about. I think you'll see a lot of pictures about the latest projects I am working on, random things that happen in our life but this may be a little rough at first. My computers motherboard completly crashed, I am so thankful to my neighbor Ben who is my go-to IT guy. He was able to save all my pictures, school stuff and any other thing that seemed important enough to save. I am so thankful for that, when the screen first flashed "operating system not found" I just about fell out of my chair. My dear, sweet husband is trying his best to console me but has no clue what to say or do. It felt like a death in the family, I was totally attached to my computer. So now I use Marcus' laptop, which is fine, but the disk drive does not work so I can't transfer my images just yet. Thank goodness for jump drives.

I hope every one had great holidays, we had an interesting start to our Christmas. The first white Christmas, it was beautiful when you are at home safe and warm. Us on the other hand, started our trip to Hereford ( in the panhandle, near Amarillo) at about 10:00 am on Christmas morning. It was a little icy getting out of Dallas but Marcus assured me it would get better. Let me explain one thing about myself, I hate driving, I am afraid of my own shadow on the road, I just get this huge anxiety about what could happen. Now add ice to my anxiety and I thought my heart was going to pound right out of my chest. Well, back to the story, the roads do not get better, they get worse. We're not talking a few patches of ice, I'm talking we are driving on a thick sheet of ice from Dallas to Wichita Falls. It took 5 1/2 hours to get to Wichita Falls, normally it takes about 3 hours. It was awful, we drove about 10 mph the whole time on what I can only explain as driving on a washboard. The whole time we are passing 100's of cars stranded and stuck. It was heart breaking but I knew this was bad when I saw 4 snow plow trucks stuck themselves. I didn't think it would ever end. So yes this goes on for hours, we tried to take pictures of this debacle my it was so cold my camera froze and would not work. (Lovely right?) The radio is saying "stay off of 287, 287 is being closed due to the weather, get off 287, blah blah blah" HA Easier said then done when you are on 287 and you can't even see exit ramps, or if you can you can't exit because there are stranded cars blocking the way. So to ramp up my rant, we decied to get a hotel room in Vernon and put an end to this awful day. My brother and sister-in-law, Mel and Al were about 45 minutes behind us the whole time. I felt so terrible for them, they had there 7 year old and 10 month old who had croup at the time traveling in this awful weather. We got a hotel room in Vernon and Mel and Al and the boys met us there. We spent our Christmas night, watching TV, eating leftover tamales (which were AMWESOME), pop corn chicken, corn dogs, and burritos from All-Sups. It's a Christmas I will NEVER forget. As awful as the whole thing was, it's a great laugh now. I feel like I left out so many parts of this story that make it even funnier but at this point it seems like I wrote a book. So I'll save some for later and sign off from my first blog post. Take care all!

No comments:

Post a Comment