Thursday, September 9, 2010

Any ideas...

So this poor canvas has been painted on and painted on... by now it must have 3 under paintings. I had a vision for it but it just never turned out as planned. So once again, the green spray paint and I partnered up and came up with a completely green canvas with lots of lumps and bumps from all the gesso. It sat in my studio for about 6 weeks now just asking to be finished. Well nothing like a clear, clean desk to splatter paint all over! So I got some anaglypta wallpaper and tediously cut sections out of it. My inspiration comes from tin panels. I just love them. In fact, I will post the tin panels I refinished asap...that's where the green spray paint started.

So anyway... I got the color like I like it. It has oregano green, grass green, Victorian green, turquoise, copper and a brown glaze. (Guess what my favorite color is...ha) Now my question friends.... does it need something else? I am taking suggestions... I had ideas like a quote, a flower on a branch, I don't know... am I over thinking it?



And a close up....


I have 2 quotes that I have been itching to use on something... The first one is "The most important things in life aren't things"-- though that seems more fitting on a picture frame. The other is "home is wherever you are". Once again totally open to ideas.

2 comments:

  1. FYI...I would love some artwork for Xmas or Bday!! ;) Love and miss you!! Call me when you get a chance..I called you a couple weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really love the texture of this! This would be perfect for my Tutorial Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete