Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I love type trays...



I got this beauty at a yard sale for $1! It has a bruises but I do believe they will work in my favor. I learned my lesson on a smaller type tray a while back, plan plan plan. I have a particular love for these things, I grew up with them in my moms studio. The one in particular I always loved now hangs in my studio. She has given me many little trinkets, it's hard to photograph right now but I did my best...

And this is just a snipet close up ( my favorite button is in it though, my dad played football for the Naval Academy, this pin got stored away for probably 30+ years before I found it. The irony is, Marcus is a GIANT Notre Dame fan) Irony at it's best!



It's a treasure to me. So when I see these empty little shelves my brain thinks of all the little trinkets yet to find a home. So I came up with this idea... this is the layout of my next type tray collage...



As much as I love to travel part of me is bummed we are heading out in the morning. We are going to be secret shoppers tomorrow!! More to come, should be a good story with all the stuff involved!

1 comment: